Sign this petition if you support ASL (American Sign Language)!! This petition wants to promote American Sign Language to be recognized as a language and able to provide ASL classes in schools. :)
“Officially recognize American Sign Language as a community language and a language of instruction in schools.
For more than a hundred years, American Sign Language (ASL) has been persecuted as a “lesser” language. It is a homegrown and complete language that has survived efforts to wipe it out.
Yet today, ASL is still considered “foreign” and not given the respect and protection it needs. Many states have passed laws allowing credit for ASL classes as a foreign language but they have stopped short of recognizing its benefits as a language of instruction in schools, despite studies proving its benefits for students.
Official federal recognition will finally give ASL the “welcome home” it needs.”
THANK YOU! It would be great if you can spread the words or re-blog this post!
tagged as: deaf. deaf community. deaf culture. audism. ASL. American Sign Language. sign language. petition.
- sarah-snobble-tree reblogged this from panda-street
- likeloveadore likes this
- garuxpucca likes this
- limasquared reblogged this from kennyvee
- onedeafgirl reblogged this from panda-street
- limasquared likes this
- teaandkek reblogged this from kennyvee
- teaandkek likes this
- kennyvee reblogged this from dropsofstars and added:
- kennyvee likes this
- oh-inconsistent-me likes this
- fiftyen3 reblogged this from eveningmusuko
- fiftyen3 likes this
- twenty---something likes this
- yumilaughingalonewithpeacocks reblogged this from eveningmusuko
- yumilaughingalonewithpeacocks likes this
- upbythebootstraps reblogged this from dropsofstars
- eveningmusuko reblogged this from dropsofstars
- dropsofstars reblogged this from panda-street
- brezzia likes this
- lets-dance-naked reblogged this from panda-street
- beenherebe4 likes this
- letitflyy reblogged this from panda-street
- ipaintmydream likes this
- panda-street posted this